Fix It or Forget It
By: Charlyn and Eric Liechty
Should I repair my car or should I just buy a new one? Is a question we get asked quite frequently. The answer is never the same for everyone and is a question only you can answer. Whether you should buy a new car or repair your car is entirely up to your budget. There are many options to consider:
- Repair your current car and hopefully get another year or two out of it or be able to sale it for more if you do decide to buy a different car.
- Buy a used car from an individual that you find parked on the side of a road or posted on the web on sites like KSL.com. However, you need to be careful when purchasing from individuals that you are not just trading car problems. Make sure you have your mechanic check it out to see if there are any underlying mechanical problems.
- Buy a used car from a used car dealership. Most of these cars have been checked out and any maintenance issues taken care of. They usually cost more than if you buy from an individual but many times they come with some sort of a warranty option.
- Buy a brand new car. The upside of this is it is brand new and should be reliable for years; the downside is they cost more.
Here are the some things to think about as you try to decide what you should do:
- What is my car budget? What can I afford? We tell our customers all the time when they come in for major repairs that a major repair will cost you a one-time fee. A new car is a payment for months or years. For example, if you needed a new engine put in your car and you paid $2000.00 for the repair job and the car runs for 5 more years, then that is a pretty cheap car payment. As opposed to a new car that has a monthly payment that would add up to more than $2000.00.
- Start a car maintenance fund: look at your monthly budget and decide on an amount that you could set aside in a savings account. That way when you need repairs you have a good amount set aside for car maintenance or repairs.
- Get a second opinion: If one auto repair shop tells you that you need a new engine or something big and you aren’t sure about it. You can always get a second opinion at another shop. You may have to pay a diagnostic fee but if it saves you hundreds in the end it would be worth it.
The choice is always yours; never let anyone talk you into doing something you don’t want to do. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us, Monday—Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm or email us anytime. Eric Liechty has been a vehicle mechanic for 22 years and manages the shop and oversees all repairs; and Charlyn Liechty is the owner of Queen Bee Auto Repair in Springville where we specialize in all engine and transmission repairs on any make and model. Please contact us for any additional questions or help at email@example.com or (801) 396-7916.
Good nutrition is an significant part of leading a wholesome lifestyle. How can medications help us? Finally there isn’t anything you can’t order online anymore. Obviously, the nomenclature is quite huge. A lot of families view about “http://corpmoreinfo.com/viagra-stories.html“. What is the most great info you must read about “viagra stories“? Don’t forget, think about “viagra jokes“. Probably you already heard something about the problem. When you visit a sex physician about erectile malfunction, he or she as a rule must take a detail psychological anecdote, give you a full natural expertise to determine testosterone levels, and order an EKG if you’re over 50. Keep the medications away from excess moisture. For example the liquid remedies ideally must be kept in the cool place, but also may be stored at room temperature.